Tips to manage the image you portray to the world:
- Your image is the external representation of inwardly held beliefs. If you subscribe to excellence, professionalism and generosity, learn how to “wear” these qualities well.
- When you step out, you are going to be judged simply by the way you look, use this as an advantage to communicate a desired message about yourself.
- Trends are seasonal, make investments and purchase attire that transcend trends and communicate sophistication, classic simplicity and timelessness.
- “Fashion changes, but style endures.” Coco Chanel
- Clothes; regardless of how luxurious, with an improper fit, look untidy. Find a tailor that can alter your clothes to fit you appropriately.
- Divide your life into a pie chart and allocate segments to work, home, social/weekend and other. Your wardrobe should reflect more or less the percentages you’ve given in the chart. I.e. Work = 70 % means that the predominant type of clothing in your wardrobe should be suitable for work. (ps. Not doing this is why we complain about having nothing to wear).
- “What works with your skin and eyes? Use that to zero-in on your wardrobe” Tom Ford
- By establishing your personal style, colour range and body/face shape you are able to make confident purchase decisions and save on budget and time.
- “Create your own style… let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.” Anna Wintour
- A positive self-image is the foundation of a great image. Confidence is the most important detail of your outfit.
- Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already have the confidence you desire.
- Grooming is an essential element of your overall image, keep your hygiene and neatness up to standard.
- Fitness, rest and nutrition are important factors when improving overall wellness. Simply by moving your body, drinking enough water, getting enough sleep and having a balanced diet you will have better skin, hair and more importantly greater energy for life.
- “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” William Shakespeare
“You never get a second chance to make a first impression” Will Rogers