The festive season is upon us, and after a challenging year, there is no doubt that this festive season will be particularly important to take time out and enjoy celebrating all our blessings with family and friends.
While it is essential to take a break and unwind, it is also important to be mindful of how we go about celebrating.
There is no time-out from upholding your personal reputation, and so it is important to be mindful of how you conduct yourself during this festive season. All the time and effort that goes into building and managing your personal reputation and brand throughout the year can be tainted in a moment, should you not keep your personal activities private and sensible.
A few tips to ensure that your personal reputation is protected over the festive season:
• Be mindful of staying away from social media when you are enjoying a glass of wine with family and friends.
• Take a break from responding to work related matters when you are with family and friends.
• It goes without saying, do not drive under the influence of alcohol. There is nothing worse than having a leader pulled over for drinking and driving.
• Take the time to relax and refresh before the new year. Everyone will be putting in extra effort to try and make amends for loses made in the wake of the pandemic.
• Remember that you are always your personal brand, and your actions and words should always align with your values.
Life is about celebrating our success, but we should always be mindful of the decisions we make, which can have a lasting impact on our personal reputation and brand. It is best to stay clear of any controversy over this festive season, so that you may begin 2021 on the best footing, which will go a long way in ensuring that you continue to grow your personal reputation and brand to achieve even more than ever before.
By Janine Hills