If you were asked the question “Who are you”, what would your answer be?
There isn’t anyone in a better position to know what you are truly capable of than YOU. Others may have a sense of your potential but only you know the true extent of it. Only you can tap into your innate ability and courage to achieve that potential. The moment that you decide to walk in your authentic power, is the moment that your life begins to change. Make the decision to dim the voices that limit you and choose to transcend above the labels that others have erroneously defined you as. In 2021, know that it is never too late to become all that you might have been. Reinvent, Rebrand and Reintroduce yourself.
The start of a new year is always a wonderful time to do this exercise. The New Year symbolises a new beginning and a fresh start. This year should be no different. We may have entered it with some trepidation as a latent effect of the unexpected events of 2020, which impacted us all in some way or another. Thankfully we find ourselves still here, and hopefully more expanded, as challenges and adversity almost always bring forth opportunities for growth. Choose to see life this way. For some of us, we took stock of our health, for others there was the recognition of the immeasurable value that our loved ones bring to our lives. For many businesses the uncertainty brought new ideas and strategies to the work environment, previously considered as impossible. Whatever your awareness has been, know that for as long as you are here you have purpose.
Life wakes you up every day with a new opportunity to become your greatest self. The separation between mediocrity and excellence is conscious and deliberate action. The departure point for your rebranding strategy should thus begin with the decision to be better, followed by the implementation of behaviours that support your optimal brand identity.
How to Rebrand
• Rediscover yourself. Remind yourself of the dreams and personal goals you may have neglected.
• Be authentic and trust yourself. Know that you are capable and possess all that is required within you to become what you have envisioned.
• Be deliberate about your message. Share it.
• Be consistent. In word, action and character.
• Develop your knowledge and expertise to establish even greater credibility. Keep learning.
• Decide every day to embody the mature, wiser, loving, open, successful, self-accepting, compassionate, giving, forgiving and authentic (amongst other things) version of yourself.
• Surround yourself with people and environments that encourage and support your rebranding journey.
• Lastly, believe that you deserve to live a high-quality life. Exercise, eat better, sleep better, meditate, look your best, Shine!
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves. Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in EVERYONE. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people the permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others” – Maya Angelou
By Chivonne Jones-Abrahams, Image Development Specialist and Life Coach
Book a session with Chivonne through her profile or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org