Whole brain communication is the ability to understand how your thinking preferences impact on how you communicate and also being able to recognise these patterns in other peoples’ communication styles. This insight enables you to communicate in an optimal way.
- People use different types of words and gestures which reflect how they think.
- Observe how people communicate both verbally and non-verbally in order to understand what they are telling you.
- Look at how people present themselves, from how they dress to how they arrange their environment in order to better understand what is important to them.
- Be aware of how the language you use or the words that you choose impact on how people respond to you.
- If you want people to hear what you are saying make sure you speak the same language.
- “After all when you come right down to it, how many people speak the same language even when they speak the same language.” Russell Hoban