Megandra has 18 years experience (11 years as a Partner) in accounting and auditing across a diverse spectrum of industries such as healthcare, mining, energy and manufacturing, creating functional excellence and good governance practices. He has held various leadership positions at PwC, including being an Assurance Group Leader and a PwC Africa Board Member. Megandra now serves as a Chief Financial Officer at Life Healthcare South Africa.
Top Leadership Lessons Learnt from Megandra Naidoo:
- Confidence comes from exposure, experience and good old hard work.
- Resilience is something you learn. Teach yourself the ability to see the real issues. When you start being agile and adaptable it gives you resilience – the more time you spend in the saddle, the more you experience the more resilient you become.
- Stay curious and challenge yourself.
- Use the sense of hopelessness as a motivator for action.
- Always have a purpose – when you clearly understand what you hold as the centre of everything, one can stay motivated towards the same goal.
- Empathy is important – step back and see the bigger social construct of the world we live in. Bigger picture thinking guides you to the right things to do.
- Leadership takes creative, non-linear, logical thinking.
- Success is making a difference and doing the right thing – even when no one is looking.
- I measure success as having a happy heart at the end of every day.
- As a leader you will meet lots of great people and you will be influenced by great leaders – but then establish your own leadership style.
Watch the full interview here: